Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A house in Northern VA or a mansion somewhere else?

The housing market is unbelievable around here. We bought our house 2 years ago and if the house across the street from us sells for what they are asking for, we will have made about a 90% return on investment in 2 years. That's nuts....

Who said buying a house was a pain? Sure, Val and I have done a lot of work to the house, but if you know me, that stuff is fun for me and keeps me busy and out of trouble. The fact that a townhouse in Reston, VA is worth the same as a 3500 Sq. ft. very nice house with acres of land in North Carolina or many other places for that matter, is amazing to me. Man I love the US!

On another note.... Val and I have recently been visiting Buca Di Peppo again. We found there is one downtown in DC and boy do we loves us some Buca. Unlike when we lived in Chicago, Val and I have not yet been able to tap into the 5 liter bottle of Burgundy wine they have from the tap. We don't have quite the "Team" here as we did in Chicago. It hurts my liver just thinking about those days. We do have some promising rookies though....(Rob H., Erin H. , Atom J. and Aaron M.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home