Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Fight Club continued

Once again, I am as sore as a bull rider the day after the cows come home. I swear there is a benefit to learning Jiu Jitsu beyond getting beat up or beating someone else up. It sounds weird but getting your butt kicked multiple times a week has a way of bringing you back to reality. The reality is that Im not as tough I as I thought I was. Or maybe I am tougher but get my butt kicked by guys smaller than me is just humbling.
No but seriously, I am learning that the only way you can get good at fighting is training. If you want to protect yourself from an attacker you need to know as many different ways to get out of the situation or to reverse the situation on the attacker. Then you need to practice, practice, practice. The practice is what hurts. Most of you know me as a 150 pound light weight that has a bark louder than his bite. Well Im now 163 pounds of a training machine. Im sure Ill go through phases where I dont keep up with the schedule I am currently on but for now, its a great way to get in shape and learn something fun. Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger has been put to a whole new meaning lately.
I fought the urge before to put this picture up here because as you can see I have a little bit of a hair issue on the top of my head, but I fiugred it's worth a laugh. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home