Monday, May 09, 2005

Cubs vs. Nats

As all of you I'm sure are aware, this weekend is the biggest yet in Major League Baseball this season. It is also the weekend Val and I have been looking forward to for months. As soon as we found out that Washington DC was getting a baseball team in the National League we were looking forward to the weekend that the Cubs came into town. The Cubs are setting the middle bar for the NL Central at 13-17 right now while the Nats are actually doing very well at 17-14. Val and I are obvious Cubs fans if you know us well, but it should be a weird site to see people with Cubs gear and Nats gear on this weekend. I have decided at the beginning of the season that I would root for my teams in the following order. Cubs first, then the Red Sox, and then the Nats... So I'll be pulling for the Cubs this weekend keeping in mind that I'll be rooting for the Nats the rest of the year until they meet the Cubs again. Val and I have probably been to more Cubs games than Michael Jackson has had bed mates over the age of 10. It's a sad but true fact. What does this mean? Absolutely nothing except that MJ has some issues.
Go Cubs! But I hope the Nats finish well after the Cubs leave town! By the way, we have tickets to both the Friday and Saturday games so if you are watching look for the guy and girl with a Cubs hat and a Nationals shirt on.......Wish I could bring in some Old Style to get us closer to Wrigley!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home